1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor changing colour

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by efish, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. efish

efish Thread Starter

When I open a program, regardless of what it is, my monitor tints everything slightly green. If I close or minimise everything the green tint disappears. It's not a problem at this point so much as a concern that my fairly recently purchased monitor might be dying. However, it's really strange that the green tint only appears when a window is open. Would it be fair to say that my monitor is dying, or could it be a software problem of some kind?

2. pinntech

pinntech

Hello..

It is possible that the monitor is going bad, but I would check the video card driver first. You might want to update it.

If possible, check the monitor on a second system and see if it does it. I have seen it work both ways... One time the monitor was actually bad, but the other time, it was just the video card driver.

3. Annorax

Annorax

I agree with the above.

Try the monitor on another system. If the same problem happens, it's the monitor. If not, it's probably a video card/driver issue.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270257

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice