Monitor changing colour

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

efish

When I open a program, regardless of what it is, my monitor tints everything slightly green. If I close or minimise everything the green tint disappears. It's not a problem at this point so much as a concern that my fairly recently purchased monitor might be dying. However, it's really strange that the green tint only appears when a window is open. Would it be fair to say that my monitor is dying, or could it be a software problem of some kind?

Hello..

It is possible that the monitor is going bad, but I would check the video card driver first. You might want to update it.

If possible, check the monitor on a second system and see if it does it. I have seen it work both ways... One time the monitor was actually bad, but the other time, it was just the video card driver.

I agree with the above.

Try the monitor on another system. If the same problem happens, it's the monitor. If not, it's probably a video card/driver issue.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online