1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

monitor controls don't work; screen display is too small.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stephen820, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stephen820

stephen820 Thread Starter

The monitor is a Decaview V382 (17") with on-screen controls via wheel-button. Turn the wheel > controls box. Keep turning and cycle through the control icons for width, height, brightness, etc. Press the button, activate an icon. PROBLEM: turning the wheel now cycles through only two of the icons ("trapezoid" and "pincushion"). There seems to be no way to reach the other icons.

This problem appeared when the monitor was connected to a new Dell running Windows XP (with 98se it had run normally). Do we need new drivers? If so, where can we get them?

TIA

2. lizard

lizard

Hi stephen820!

I did a search and the only place I found a driver (I'm sure there are others) was at
    http://www.driverguide.com/

You would have to join, just a couple of questions, check your e-mail, and you're in!

_

3. stephen820

stephen820 Thread Starter

Thanks, Lizard, but according to driverguide.com, the same Decaview driver file works for all windows OSes (and for all Decaview monitors too). I thought perhaps different OSes took different drivers, but it seems that's not the case here: it seems there's just one driver. Since we can use the monitor under XP (just not optimally), I think we must already have that driver installed on the Dell. If so, the problem must lie elsewhere. But maybe the premise is wrong: maybe the Dell is running the monitor with a generic driver and the one at driverguide is better? No time to experiment now, but we'll try it soon.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275813

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice