monitor display corrupts on energy saving

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

delmec

i have windows me and a geoforce mx200, when i set the monitor to turn off after 15 mins then the hard drive after 20 mins if i come back after say halfe an hour or so, then when yhe monitor switches on sometimes the screen ins all messed up and i have to pres contrl atl del to reboot,tryed different drivers for my geoforce bit to no avail. i am running amd 1.2ghz. 256 ram anybody help??????

Hi delmec......
Had your same problem. Changed my power settings for monitor and hard drive to NEVER and the power scheme to HOME/OFFICE. I haven't had a problem since.
Good Luck !

What mtbird suggested is what suggest also. One other thing you may try first though, is turn off any screensaver you may have.

delmec

thanks for the info will try this weekend let u know what happens

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online