1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor display problem - HP desktop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by colin72, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colin72

colin72 Thread Starter

I have an Hp Pavilion 9680C with an M70 monitor. The display is stretched horizontally and there are very light grey horizontal "bars" across the screen (really only noticable when viewing a white background as I am now).

On my display settings (accessible on front of the monitor), I have to turn the brightness up to 100% or the scren is way to dark. Also, the on-screen menu to adjust the display will not allow me to change the horizontal size or "trapezoid" (everything else is functional).

I tried the factory preset, with no luck (I have to adjust the brightness as I mentioned).

I have a laptop but in looking at the connections, I do not think I can hook the monitor up to it to see what the display is like from the laptop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. esdxc37

esdxc37

sounds like the monitor is on its way out.
    depending on your vid card there may be settings in the software for it that allows you to adjust screen properties both nvidia and ati have those settings so check them.

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    whats the laptop - you should have a vga connector - so you can hook the laptop to a monitor.
    then you possible use FN key and F4 - but this will depend on model
    that combination toggles between OFF / Monitor only / monitor and laptopscreen
    not necessarily in that order

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272502

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice