1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor / Display Settings (Windows XP)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ILoveLabs, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ILoveLabs

ILoveLabs Thread Starter

Is there a way to adjust the brightness of my monitor other than using the Menu/Controls that are on the monitor (using a SyncMaster 172n). I calibrate my monitor using Pantone Huey, having set the brightness / contrast both to zero, but it is still too bright.

I went through the Control Panel > Display settings but didn't see anything. Maybe it's hidden somewhere?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to help me!
    Cindy

2. -Fabez-

-Fabez-

Try changing the brightness with your graphics card software.

3. Timmy69

Timmy69

right click desktop, select properties
    choose display setting
    click on advanced setting
    navigate to the tab that correspond to your graphic card
    usualy then will have a control panel setting button which you can go into and change display

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/751984

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice