1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor Display

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Erod1489, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Erod1489

Erod1489 Thread Starter

Ok so i'm running windows Xp and i shut down my computer and restart it like your supposed to and then when i restart my monitor is blank yet i can hear all of the sounds of start up. So i shut it down again and i still come up with a blank screen and now i'm using a external monitor to view my desktop. Now when i look at my laptops monitor i can vaguely see what i'm doing at all and the external monitor is fine. Also my laptop is creating alot of heat. I'm sure it overheating and i want to know how to fix these two problems can anybody help?

2. Smartguy01

Smartguy01

First Name:
    Ivan
    Try adjusting the brightness on the problematic screen. By blank screen, do you mean only a white blank screen or screen without icons and taskbar?

3. Erod1489

Erod1489 Thread Starter

I tryied adjusting the brightness of the computer. No avail there at all. and and by blank screen i mean it looks like when you have your computer turned off and you look at the screen and all you see is black.

4. Smartguy01

Smartguy01

First Name:
    Ivan
    Sticky. Is the problem at your PC or at the laptop?

5. Erod1489

Erod1489 Thread Starter

laptop

6. Smartguy01

Smartguy01

First Name:
    Ivan
    Then I'm not sure about anything, but I think that the problem is BIOS related, and how I don't know much about BIOS, then I would rather say that I haven't any more ideas, than to make the problem even more problematic.

Good day, and good luck with solving this problem, Smartguy01

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759281

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice