Monitor Displays Black Screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

OskarUrbisz

Before this happened my PC was running perfectly so im guessing it must be the Hardware fault but my problem is that when I boot up my PC, the monitor shows 'no signal'
and my mouse and keyboard's LEDs do not turn on (the monitor is connected theough VGA (PC) to HDMI (Monitor)). I have recently been very interested into PCs so I decided to see the hardware for my self. I checked the RAMs and CPU, nothing else and after that i could not boot up my PC. I was looking on YouTube and Google for any solutions to this problem and most of them said it was either the RAMS, CPU, GPU or the CMOS battery. I have cleaned out the pins on my RAM using a soft eraser and cleaned the pins on my CPU using a soft brush and took out the CMOS battery for 5-15 mins and put it back in. Still the problem wasnt resolved. I hope you guys might have a solution to the problem. These are my specs

-AMD ATHLON II X4 640 CPU
- MSI RADEON RX 470 4G GDDR5
- ASRock Fatality 990FX KILLER
- EVGA 500W PSU
- 2x4g RAM 1600mhz DDR3 Corsair Vengeance

If you need more info on the specs ill try my best to get them to you

Last edited:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
It sounds like curiosity and lack of knowledge got the best of you and turned your working computer into a non-working one. :oops:
We're not there to see what you did and what damage you may have caused, so you should ask someone computer-knowledgeable to help you.

---------------------------------------------------------------

OskarUrbisz

It sounds like curiosity and lack of knowledge got the best of you and turned your working computer into a non-working one. :oops:
We're not there to see what you did and what damage you may have caused, so you should ask someone computer-knowledgeable to help you.

So what should i do, get it checked out by an IT professionally?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Someone knowledgeable who can have a "hands on/eyes on" with your computer needs to examine it.
There's no way that we can do that from here.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online