Monitor does not come on after boot or restart

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

johnnieq

Running WinXP Pro on a new AMD Athlon 2100+ system.

Have a 19" monitor.

When you start up the system you see the normal startup displays and just before you hear the Windows start tune the screen goes blank. Turn the monitor off and back on & everything is fine. It also happens on a restart.

Any suggestions on what could be wrong?

:(

Hmm.. So Windows loads up, the monitor goes blank and when you turn the monitor off and on again, it works? interesting..

Perhaps you need an updated monitor driver?

Check the monitor cable? Any bent pins, loose connections?

i sometimes have the same prob... if you reboot its ok... no idea what causes it.. i got a feeling it was due to the ram not being in properly so sometimes it just wasnt booting properly.. since i reseated ram i have not had the prob and comp has not randomly rebooted.

johnnieq

Thanks guys, I'll try your suggestions & let you know what happens.

Westwood, seems we have very similar systems.

Gigabyte motherboard
AMD Athlon XP 2100+
512MB DDR PC2100 RAM
40GB HD
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440
Windows XP Pro

KDS 19" monitor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online