Monitor doesn't display 1920x1080 resolution

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gailius

Hello, I have a LG M2432 monitor and a ATI RADEON HD 3450 video card on my old computer. When I try to select 1920x1080 it essentialy says "Format not supported" and reverts back. The monitor right now is at 1600x1200, which is terrible on my eyes. I've installed the drivers for both the monitor and the video card.

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
When you look in Display Properties for the monitor, does the computer detect the monitor type as an LG M2432?

I cannot find this monitor on the internet. Check the make and model. Is it a stand alone monitor (check on back for numbers) or the screen of a notebook? It is possible that the settings you have are as far as it can go.

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
I'm running out of ideas... When you installed the RADEON HD 3450 drivers, was it from the graphics card manufacturer, or from AMD? Whichever it was, you might try the other.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts