1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor doesn't turn on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Beanus, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Beanus

Beanus Thread Starter

Hey guys, just recently i decided i would start using a different computer, but replace its current with my ram, HD and video card. Unfortunately, to my disappointment, the monitor didnt turn on after installing all this. So, i took it all out, put in the old, and it still didnt work. It was working just a week ago, but now not?
    I know the monitor works because i plugged it into my original computer and it was fine...
    Could the MOBO on the other computer be damaged/ready for the scrap?

2. Thaddeus

Thaddeus

Does the computer in question POST?

3. Beanus

Beanus Thread Starter

No, i reverted back to using my old computer.

4. jimmy2592

jimmy2592

you may have dammged your video card, just check the video card and then pull the ram out and put it back in. check to see if there is any dust on the ram or the video card where it goes into the motherboard. hope this has helped.

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

You probably bumped a cable or plug out, it's easy to do. re seat all the cables and plugs and also video card if separate from board (in it's own slot). Do you still get lights and fans when you push power button? If the ram was not seated perfectly it is easy to blow a cheap power supply BTW.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597650

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice