1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor Drivers: Act II

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dividertabs, Jan 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dividertabs

dividertabs Thread Starter

I recently switched my monitor driver to the Plug and Play driver, but have now switched it back to the optiquest v73 driver. The problem is that now it will NOT let me select as many colors or as many pixels as I had before. For example, the list only goes up to "High Color" when previously I had "True Color." Yet even when I select High Color and then reboot, I am still in 256 colors. Similar problem with resolution.

The driver I am using is called MONITR11.INF; it also tells me I am using an "Optiquest V73 on NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 440", which is true.

Aditionally, shutting down now causes Windows to close and the screen to turn black, but not the tower to turn off.

I believe I have done nothing with the video card or its drivers that could have caused this.

2. Sponsor

3. mpacey

mpacey

Have you tried System Restore?

4. dividertabs

"Have you tried System Restore?"
    No, what's that? It sounds like there will be consequences involving stuff I've installed since then, though :(

5. dividertabs

I hope it's not wrong to bump a couple of times.

6. StillLearnin'

StillLearnin'

7. dividertabs

StillLearnin', yes, but I still wanted help and thought it would be easier for others to read the problem if I started a new thread.

But it's academic now; it turned out to be the graphics card drivers after all. Although I have no idea how it came unscrewed in the first place.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/198075