1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

monitor error message

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vanguard, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vanguard

vanguard Thread Starter

i have a philips 20"monitor model number c2082das. and when i switch it on i get the error message "V DEFL FAILURE" in the lcd panel. what does this mean and can i repair it myself..can anybody help with this as i have e-mailed philips themselves and got no joy from them.

2. Lurker1

Lurker1

Hi vanguard

I'm guessing that you have a standard CRT monitor with a small LCD panel on it thats giving you this error message. V DEFL FAILURE probably means that the vertical Deflection is not working. Unless you are knowlegable about monitor repairs I would not attempt to repair it as there are dangerous voltages inside a computer monitor. If the monitor is fairly old I would just replace it as its probably cheaper than trying to get it repaired. But you might try calling local TV repair shops and see if they will give you an estimate. BOL

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165384

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice