1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

monitor extension cables

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JimUnion, Nov 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JimUnion

JimUnion Thread Starter

I want to extend my friend's monitor from his pc and was trying to figure out what or where are the best cables to go to. And the correct cable to obtain. He has an old pc...1G RAM...nVIDIA 7600 card

2. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    You're just trying to move the monitor further from the PC? Pretty much any DB15M to DB15F cable should do it, to an extent. If you are talking long distance, 15' or more, you'll want a quality cable. If you're going over about 50', you may need to look into an amplifier.

3. JimUnion

JimUnion Thread Starter

I was thinking that but my friend says they tried going with a longer cable and it didn't work. Might not have a had the better cable which brings me to my next question about that. What is the difference between cables that are good and those that are better? I have seen sites that say they are quality cables yet I am not sure they are reputable companies.

4. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
  5. JimUnion

JimUnion Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses and help!

6. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    Any time!

If you're satisfied with everything, you can mark the thread "Closed" with the button by the initial post. Good luck!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026430

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice