1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor flahes on then off

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jon12345, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jon12345

Jon12345 Thread Starter

I have two LG monitors on a dual monitor setup. Recently, the left monitor will not go back on if I turn it off. It flashes what should be seen (desktop) very briefly, for perhaps 1/2 second but then goes off again. So, I changed the monitor and the same thing happens with another LG monitor. The right hand side monitor always works.

So, it looks like the monitor is not so much the issue since even a new monitor doesn't make any difference. Oh, if I turn the monitor off for about 5 hours, sometimes it will turn on ok. Very weird.

Any idea what the issue might be? Failing graphics card or something?

Thanks,

Jon

2. XP_FTW

XP_FTW

This could either be a failing graphics card (which most likely isn't the issue if your other screen works), an error in your VGA or whatever cord your using for the failing monitor, or a hardware error. You'll have to use process of elimination to try and narrow down what the issue is.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971569

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice