1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor flashing colors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Parker1400, Jun 9, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Parker1400

Parker1400 Thread Starter

I just recently got an HP w2408h monitor from a friend. One I got it plugged in, it will only flash red, green, blue, white, and black screens and I'm not sure how to fix it. Some sites told me it was burn mode and I need to factory reset the monitor using the menu button but none of the buttons seem to do anything besides the power button. Please help.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

You may need to hold down a button longer.

3. Parker1400

What button should I hold down and for how long? Do I keep the monitor plugged in and on or off when I do this?

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

The monitor needs to be plugged in and turned on for the front panel buttons to work. Press and hold one for like 30 secs and see.

5. Parker1400

Nothing changes when I hold any of the buttons. The only button that will do anything and it only turns out on and off but the color flashing starts right back up when the monitor is on.

6. Parker1400

*the power button is the only button that does anything

7. lunarlander

lunarlander

That monitor has a driver and additional software on the HP site. Google for "HP w2408h driver" . Download those, install them and see if the situation improves.

8. Parker1400

Just an update. I have tested the monitor with a Windows machine and it worked perfectly fine. I own a Chromebook and it won't recognize that it is plugged in when I use the chromebook. Does that change anything?

9. Parker1400

I cannot find a driver download for Chromebook.

10. lunarlander

lunarlander

Did your friend gave you the monitor for free? I hope so. Because without a driver for Chromebook, it will never work.

11. Parker1400

It was only for a few bucks but I'd love to get it to work. Are there any ways to get a driver for a Chromebook or am I out of luck unless I buy a Windows laptop in the future?

12. Parker1400

Just another bit, I have another hp monitor and it works completely fine with the Chromebook. I don't see why this monitor wouldn't work as well with them both being hp. My Chromebook is an hp Chromebook by the way

13. lunarlander

lunarlander

The only thing I think you can do is complain to HP. They will recognize their lack of coordination and fix the problem.

14. Parker1400

Thank you for your help

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228341

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice