1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor Flicker after new PSU and Grpahics Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by boomclart, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. boomclart

boomclart Thread Starter

Last night my PC died on me, with the error no video signal and abnormal powering up.

I replaced the PSU with a new unit today and also bought a new Nvidia GeForce 6200 inno32 AGP card just incase the card was at fault too.

Installed the new PSU and everything booted up as it was previously, old ATI 9250 card works fine.

I try the new Nvidia card and instantly after boot up the monitor flickers on and off to a black screen, sometimes not returning. On occassions the monitor says it is entering sleep mode.

I have tried to update the driver but I have the newest avaialble, I have tried altering and lower the settings of the card but the flicker still persists.

Whenever there is USB device in use the flickering seems to occur more, i.e. use of a printer, usb stick or sometimes the keyboard and mouse. On occasions I also get an error saying no keyboard has been found on boot up.

Does anyone have any suggestions... I'm thinking its something to do with the power and USB.

I can use vista dreamscene's but this sometimes exacerbates the problem.

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 2.00ghz
    MSI K8N Neo Platinum Edition MOBO
    1.5gb RAM
    Vista Ultimate 32bit
    34gb sata HD (system)
    280gb sata HD (media)
    Benq DVD writer
    Nvidia GeForce 6200 inno3D AGP 256mb DVI

2. midnight51

midnight51 Banned

Try replacing video with your old hardware and try to re-create the problem.

3. boomclart

boomclart Thread Starter

The old video card works fine... so i'm thinking the new Nvidia card has some sort of conflict issue with the USB or worst case scenario the motherboard is at fault too.

4. midnight51

midnight51 Banned

Is this a home built PC or proprietary?

Also please open up your device manager and verify that there are no hardware conflicts that arose when you installed the new AGP card.

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

Sounds more like the new card is defective to me...

6. boomclart

boomclart Thread Starter

Home PC, I returned the card today anway so we can call it a day on this one, normally I'd of spent time to work it out but needs must... need my PC right to prepare for a job interview.

There was no conflicts showing in Device Manager, everything appeared to be running OK together. The problem persisted with or without Aero enabled.

I just wish I had a spare PC to test the card in.

Anyway back to the old card for the time being until I build a new machine soon.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644315

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice