1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

monitor flickering

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CarolP, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CarolP

CarolP Thread Starter

I am having problems with my monitor. My computer crashed and I had to recover. After that my display settings were messed up (desktop icons were HUGE and all that). So now when I'm online, every click I make to scroll down the page results in the whole page refreshing. I'm not sure how to fix this. Can somebody help?

2. bigbear

bigbear

Could explain in a bit more detail how you recovered the crash and what happened to cause it.
    Also post your pc specs, it will help when trying to diagnose your problem

3. CarolP

CarolP Thread Starter

Oh sorry about that. When I restarted my computer this morning, it started back up and my desktop popped up and it crashed and restarted. It did this 3 times and I finally hit F8 or whatever it is and chose to recover from the last successful start up. So it started up but the display was messed up. Now it's saying that it doesn't have a current display driver installed and when I look at the system information it says it can't access any information because Windows Management files have been moved or are missing.
    I am running Windows XP.

4. bigbear

bigbear

Can you go to device manager and see if you have any yellow question marks against display devices.
    It could be just a matter of reinstalling you display drivers. do you have any cd's with the drivers?
    We still need your pc specs to help you though, if you dont know what they are download Everest and post them here
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/search.php

5. CarolP

CarolP Thread Starter

Device Manager was giving me a yellow mark on the monitor. I looked at it and couldn't update the driver when I tried. So I clicked on restore previous driver and that seemed to work. It doesn't flicker anymore but the Windows management files are still moved or missing according to the comptuer. I downloaded Everest and have the big loooooong report but do I need to do anything now that it stopped flickering?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541131

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice