1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor Flickers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ashras99, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ashras99

ashras99 Thread Starter

I have 17 inch Samsung 753s monitor. My monitor flickers sometime for a few minutes and stable after 3 or 4 min. I set a refresh rate of 60HZ maximum this is only shown there bcos i m running on maximum resolution supported 1280 x 1024. Please help me what's the problem. I have updated drivers for monitor and MSI geforce4 mx 440 agp card and properly installed.

2. Kerri Ann

Kerri Ann

i would try a smaller resolution, or take the hardware acceleration down a notch.

3. pronute

pronute

Your resolutions a bit to high for a refresh rate of 60 Hertz you should be at 85 Hertz if you can't set it to 85 then set it to optimal.

4. ashras99

ashras99 Thread Starter

you guys are right about resolution but i m 3d animator and i need maximum output and it shows only 60hz at this resolution no optimal or any other resolution. But i get this problem from last one week but this resolution i m using from last 1 year without any problem. Kerri, If i reduce hardware acceleartion then this problem will solve r u sure or only guessing.

5. Kerri Ann

Kerri Ann

you can go through the display troubleshooter, but more than likely it will bring you to the same conclusion. it will ask you about the display adapter for your video card, and it's drivers. so if you've checked on updates for those, and they're current, i would try the hardware acceleration method. you can always change it back later.

6. ashras99

ashras99 Thread Starter

Kerri, i tried the hardware acceleration method but that doesnt solve the problem. I try to reduce the resolution and increase the refresh rate but nothing happen. By decreaing the resolution and increase the refresh rate my screen flickers strength reduce but not fully stable. Someone tell me there can be a carbon on tube. Please tell me what's the problem and this carbon thing is right.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170731

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice