1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor flickers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by abdulnajeer, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. abdulnajeer

abdulnajeer Thread Starter

I am using AMD Athlon processor 1.3 GHz, 256 MB RAM, Windows XP SP 2 desktop computer. The problem is if I scroll my web pages or watch full screen videos, there is a visible line moving at the centre of monitor and it reduces quality of video and slows web page scrolling. And lot of white small lines flickers when my pc boots, My mother board equipped with nvidia nforce videocard, when I reinstall my nvidia drivers the problem become worse, monitor turns itself off and on and sometimes not responding. So uninstalled nvidia drivers. I checked physical connections, everything seems fine, When I checked device manager, its not showing my monitor and video adapters. I need some help to resolve this, Thanks to everyone whoever gonna reply. :confused:

2. schusterjo

schusterjo

Well when ever I hear artifacts or lines I usually direct my attention to the video card and driver. a failing video card rarely creates a reboot.

When updating the driver are you sure you are trying to install the correct driver?

Heat? heat also can produce such an issue.
    Enter BIOS upon powering on your computer. Most BIOs have a hardware monitor. Use this to check your temperatures and fan speeds.
    (Access/Enter Motherboard BIOS
    There is also hardware monitoring software that can check your temperatures from Windows. Your hardware monitoring software should have come with your motherboard. If you have no monitoring software, you can go to www.cpuid.com and get PC Wizard. PC Wizard is an easy to use program that will let you know what kind of temperatures you have, and what your fan speeds are at.

Post the temps here ( you need to run a video and get it nice and warm before checking so we can see how hot it is getting)

Ram, this creates reboots and can do strange thing.
    The next step is to run memtest86 to determine if you have faulty RAM. A little off from what you are saying the symptoms are but needs to be ruled out.

3. abdulnajeer

Thanks for the reply. I checked temperature, its 47 degrees only. But I dont know how to do memtest. After I reinstall my GeForce MX 4000 Nvidia drivers, monitors goes to standby mode, I have got to restart everytime but it happens again, so I unstalled all Nvidia drivers.

After that whenever I turn on my computer, I get NEW HARDWARE FOUND wizard for VIDEO CONTROLLER, SM BUS CONTROLLER, ETHERNET CONTROLLER. Windows says cant find the driver and installation of drivers failed. Now my monitor working, only problem is lines moving when scroll webpages and videos under fullscreen mode. And my device manager not showing my monitor and video adapter details.

My mother board is from Elite group (N2U400-A version 1.0) and my video card is Geforce MX 4000. I have no idea whether its driver problem or video card problem or monitor. Should I upgrade bios drivers? How to do it if I dont have a floppy drive. But all these problem started after I connect and disconnect my digi camera in USB port in improper way ( didn't use Safely remove Hardware mode to disconnect camera from USB port). Please help me. Thanks alot. :eek:

4. abdulnajeer

Recently there was continuous beep sound from CPU after I press power button to start my PC, didnt start for a while, but it worked after few tries.

5. bonk

bonk Banned

Sounds like you have more than one issue here.....and unplugging from the USB shouldn't cause these problems.

Is it a long beep or short beep and is it only ONE?

6. abdulnajeer

Every beep sound last for 1 second and its continuous until I turn pc off with use of power button. But now it seems ok. :eek:

7. xtreampb

xtreampb

the pcs that i fix at my school (old things so this may not apply) when they beep like that it is the floppy drive that is messing it up (dma 0 failure i think) but these are OOOLLLLDDDD comps and prob dosen't apply here. but if that prob isn't here anymore idk what it is ...YET.
    as for the moniter make sure that you are installing the right drivers and try reinstalling the drivers off of the system disk...if you have one.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536091

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice