Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monitor flicking between analog and hdmi

Solved 
2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Oddba11 
#1 ·
Hello

I just purchased 2 new hard drives and a new copy of Windows 10 for my desk top set up. I removed my old hard drives and put the new ones in with the intention of installing the operating system. However, when I start up my new system my monitor only displays picture for a couple of minutes before it goes blank and flicks between HDMI and Analog not displaying any picture.

What I have tried:

Using a different brand monitor with a different socket into my graphics card.

Using a different graphics card.

Using different ports for my graphics card in the board.

Removing and cleaning graphics card and RAM.

I even got desperate and changed my system back to what I used a few days ago and my monitor still plays up.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get my picture back?

See less See more
#3 ·
Cycling through inputs and then going to sleep mode sounds exactly like what its doing. The monitor works fine for a couple of minutes; so for example if I start my computer and go to BIOS I can see the screen with advance options, boot menu etc. Then suddenly it will start flicking through inputs (with a black screen) like you said then it appears to go into sleep mode because the power light is still flashing blue.
I put my old HDD in with Windows 7 on it, it worked fine all the way until it loaded my desktop (I could see everything fine start menu, icons, wall paper) and then it flicked through inputs again and then went into sleep mode.

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply Oddba11, I cracked it this morning and pulled everything back out of my case and put it all back together again. Working fine for now - perhaps there was something in my graphics card slot. Rather annoying how long it took to sort but its nice that its working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.