1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

monitor focus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dougj, Jan 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dougj

    Dougj Thread Starter

    Sep 17, 2002
    does anyone have a source for info regarding adjusting the focus on an NEC monitor that is out of focus?? I have found the horizontal and vertical yoke adjustments but am unable to find the focus adjustment.

  2. kiwiguy


    Aug 17, 2003
    Focus is normally in the region of the EHT flyback transformer (where the high voltage lead that attaches to the side of the CRT somes from).

    It's not a physical adjustment like a deflection yoke, its a preset potentiometer.

    You need to be very very careful as it's usually at the full EHT potential of ~ 25,000 volts DC.

    Some may even be inside the metal EHT "cage" if there is one, to make sure you can't touch it!
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/315387

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice