1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor For Computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Deww, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Deww

Deww Thread Starter

Hello all, I'm fair new to computers, but I believe I know my way around well enough to manage. I recently bought a computer (specification listed when I registered), and I am looking for a monitor. I understand that DVI-D is basically identical to HDMI. Through the use of a simple converter, I could hook my computer up to my TV, a Sony CECH-ZED1U.

What I would like to know is if there are any known issues (I could not find any on google doing a short search), or whether I would be better off buying a new monitor that supports DVI input?

Thanks,
    Deww

2. batscrptmod200

batscrptmod200

Just get a monitor too many things could complicate when hooking to tv or converting

3. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

HDMI to DVI-D adapters work flawlessly, unless you need additional things such as Audio which HDMI supports but DVI does not and some monitors only support 3D modes using DVI. Doesn't that monitor have both DVI and HDMI? Pretty much all new computers support both as well.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065518