1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor fuse problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cheesyboy, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cheesyboy

cheesyboy Thread Starter

I was working on my comp...and I left and by the time i came back my monitor was off. So i thought it just went on standby so i pressed any key and it made the sound indicating its gonna come on...but it never did...and some funny buzzing noises started to come. I shut off my monitor and turned it back on ...to see if my desktop would come...(it usually works) but this time it didnt. This happened before....back when i had the warranty they said that the fuse blew...and replaced it.

I want to know where I can purchase a fuse from and how much it'll cost me.

My monitor is a CRT 17'.

Thanks in advance.

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

Fuse is a symptom not the problem - Radio Shack

3. cheesyboy

cheesyboy Thread Starter

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

There are at least 137 different fuse types/shapes.

Until you locate the fuse (if thats even the problem) you will never know which size/type/shape you need.

There is no such thing as a "monitor fuse". There are fuses that will fit monitors. Depending what sort the monitor requires.

Fuses can blow due to "inrush current" when no real fault exists and where the fuse rating is inappropriate. However they usually blow in response to a fault, so replacing the fuse under these conditions simply blows the new fuse.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272977

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice