1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor ghosting...(is that the word?)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ian80, Sep 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ian80

    ian80 Thread Starter

    Jul 26, 2002
    Maybe some of you remeber the problems I was having with monitors a few weeks ago. I went through two different monitors, both had bad brown spots on them. I finally got a Samsung monitor (syncMaster 753DF). It worked fine...

    But this morning I wake up and guess what? I've got this weird image thing going on. There seems to be a "ghost" image of whatever is on the screen about 1/16 of an inch to the right. It is especially noticable now, when I type. The black text creates a bright white "ghost" againt the paler white background.

    Now, has anyone ever seen this before? Is it fixable, to your knowledgs? Also, am I the one causing all these problems? Could it somehow be my computer?
  2. dai


    Mar 6, 2003
    i would suspect the video card or connections
    try reseating the video card and check the connections check for a bent pin or a pin that has been pushed back and not making a connection
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165798

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice