1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor Glitches

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rab1s, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rab1s

rab1s Thread Starter

My father just put in a ATI Radeon HD 5800 Video card into my computer (I'm running windows 7 btw.) I had two monitors plugged in but I misplaced my power chord for one. While it was plugged my main monitor which is an ACER H243H was all glitchy and whatnot. Lines would flash as a new page would load. I unplugged my other monitor and if fixed it. Now i found the chord and hooked it up and that is a LG L1732TQ. Now that monitor is all glitch when things load. Like my background is on a shuffle of my musics album art and when ever it changes or i load a new web page is glitches out. What could I do to stop it?

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    The first thing I'd look at is to see if your PSU has enough watts to run the Video card

3. rab1s

rab1s Thread Starter

And how would I do this? Also its weird for a period of time today it was all fine. Nothing happend and it no glitching was going on. But I left the house and my computer went on sleep and its back to glitching.

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Look inside the Computer .. There's usually a sticker on the side of the supply that tells the ouput wattage

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974502

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice