1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor goes black when Installing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by technohal, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. technohal

technohal Thread Starter

Hi ...

I looked for my specific problem in SEARCH but couldn't find it; so I am posting.

I just bought a new computer (eMachine) from walmart (keep the laughter to a minimum).

Anyway, Im using the same monitor I used on my old system but it is acting up.

1. When I install programs... I click them to install them, and the second I click them the screen goes black for a couple seconds and then comes right back up and proceeds with the install.
    This happens every time.

2. Ill be doing working on the computer (typing in notepad for example) and all the sudden the screen goes black for about 2 seconds then comes right back on.

I have turned off all the power options and it still does it.

Im to the point ill try anything if anyone has any ideas. I don't know much about computers so its probably something easy and Im flat out missing it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921384

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice