1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor goes blank, works in safe mode

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by haplef, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haplef

haplef Thread Starter

This problem started yesterday.

I was in the middle of using Solid Works and the monitor went blank, my PC was still running, the music i still had int he background was still playing even.

The power light on the monitor is not loosing power, a short while after it seems to loose its signal from my PC it displays a standard "searching for signal" type of message, as if it was not connected at all.

After this original occurrence i restarted my computer, and it seemed to be OK while i used it for about a hour. However, later that day when i got back from class it had done it again (sometime while i was away) while it was just sitting at the desktop.

Now the screen seems to "loose signal" within a minute of turning on, unless i run in safe mode where everything seems to work fine.

Things i have tried:

Over Heating:
    Video Card, CPU, RAM, the monitor itself, nothing feels even warm to the touch.

Drivers (Video):
    The first thing i tried while running in safe mode was to uninstall my old drivers, and then reinstall new ones.

Resolution Issues:
    I dont think it could be an issue with resolution, simply because it goes off randomly during normal operation, not at any special time

Viruses etc??:
    AVG didn't pick anything up, i uninstalled AVG and got a fresh copy of the the newest version, still nothing. After that yeiled nothing, i uninstalled it and installed the lasted version of McAfee i could get my hands on (8.5i) it also found nothing.

A few days ago when i ran spybot it found a few things (i think they were all tracking cookies) but i cant remember names.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. haplef

haplef Thread Starter

anyone?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/746750

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice