1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor goes into power saving mode

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tvclark, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tvclark

tvclark Thread Starter

Within the week, my monitor has started going into the power saving mode shutting down Windows so I cannot access Windows XP. When this happens, I get a message saying "Power savings enabled. The monitor will shut down in a few seconds." The problem has now worsen in that all I can access is the (F1) set up screen. When I was in set up, I also disabled the power management mode. I'm pretty sure it's not a monitor problem because I hooked another good monitor and my computer does the same thing. Then I thought it might be VGA card problem, so I purchased a new, compatible VGA card, installed it, and still the same problem. So I believe I have eliminated the monitor and the VGA card as problems. In set up, I can view the choices for "safe mode" and "normal," but when I try to go to either, I get the "Power savings enabled" message on the monitor screen, and I cannot open up in "safe mode" and "normal" mode. Any suggestions or help? Thanks!

2. winbob

winbob

Have you looked at the settings in "Power Options" from the Control Panel?

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Could be a faulty power supply or motherboard, do you have another computer that you can borrow a power supply out of?

4. tvclark

tvclark Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, but I cannot get to the Control Panel because I cannot open Windows.

5. tvclark

tvclark Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. I will try to check the power supply.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/479633

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice