1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor goes into sleep after 1 second!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by robofreak, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. robofreak

robofreak Thread Starter

My monitor goes into sleep after 1 second. If I turn it off and then back on, it works for 1 sec and then goes back into sleep mode. I unplugged the VGA cable to eliminate the video card as the problem, but it does the same thing. I get the "Self Test" screen for 1 sec and then shuts off. If anyone can help, that would be awesome! Thanks!

2. jenisbro

jenisbro

Right click on your desktop, click on properities, then click on Screen Saver. In the Screen saver menu, near the bottom, you should see where it says "To adjust the monitor power settings and save energy, click Power." Click on power, and in there you can change the time it takes before the monitor shuts down, or you can even just turn that feature off so it never does.

3. robofreak

robofreak Thread Starter

Well, I should have been more specific. I used a different monitor and it works fine. Power settings are good. I think my monitor is the problem, but it's pretty new. When it's on it works fine too. But I can't do all of my work in 1 sec...not superman. lol

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

If another monitor works ok then the problem must be the monitor.

5. Goldfish92

Goldfish92

Sounds like you monitor is on it's way out I am afraid... Especially if the problem still occurs whne the monitor is not even connected to a computer :(

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643336

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice