1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

monitor goes into standby-why?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by workshop, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. workshop

workshop Thread Starter

please help with monitor problem. when the computer is left idle, the monitor goes blank and the green power button on the monitor turns orange. (it goes into standby mode.) when the mouse is moved in order to reactivate the monitor from sleep mode the monitor seems to stay in standby..it does not respond..Help. it means having to reboot the computer every 20 mins or so.

2. Lurker1

Lurker1

Some monitors (usually older ones) just don't handle going in and out of standby well. One of mine needs to be turned off then on before it can be used again. If you have windows 98 go into control panel under settings and check that the power options there are set to turn off the monitor or go into standby NEVER and set the power scheme to always on.

3. workshop

workshop Thread Starter

thank you for your swift reply. this is my first attempt at asking for help on this site. your suggestion is appreciated, I shall give it a try.
    the monitor is only 6 months old. i am running windows 98.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117362

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice