1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor, ..... Good Quality LCD needed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cosmos2011, Oct 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cosmos2011

Cosmos2011 Thread Starter

Hello:
    The current older model of LCD no longer working good that I found after switching to good CRT from current LCD. On current LCD, ..... '1280 x 1024' popping up in the middle of the screen and the screen going out or the worst, .... shut-down the PC automatically due to the LCD I've been using for years.

Strangely, the CRT is better than the current LCD that I found after terrible incident on which almost destroying the PC when hooked up with defective CRT, smoking started coming from up the back of the defective CRT for a few second.

What model or any good quality LCD should I look for, .... comparable to good quality CRT?:confused:

Thanks for any help in advance.

2. Amd_Man

Amd_Man

I have never ever heard of any type of monitor "destroying" a computer. Not possible at all. Now resolutions will change with different sized screens, but that can be changed in the display properties. Anyways I myself like Viewsonic or Samsung for LCD/LED monitors. I've had my viewsonic 22 inch LCD for 7 years this Christmas and it still works flawlessly.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
  4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I have 2 viewsonics and 1 hannsG monitor here; all work fine. The only comment I could make regarding the viewsonic is that the stand for the monitor is somewhat flimsy; the hannsG has a better mount/stand.

5. PSCO2007

PSCO2007

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Talk about having a W-I-D-E screen. :eek:

----------------------------------------------------------

7. PSCO2007

PSCO2007

Yeah, I had to clean off my desk, but it's worth it!:D

8. Amd_Man

Amd_Man

Surprised you didn't have to buy a new desk. lol

9. PSCO2007

PSCO2007

Nah, I just knocked out one of the walls.:eek:

10. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
  11. PSCO2007

PSCO2007

Just to let you know - my old Acer was 22" wide, this one is only 27", so 2 1/2 extra inches makes little difference.

I can also split to 4 separate screens - no second monitor needed and the built-in speakers are better than the desktop speakers that I had - less desktop clutter.

The resolution of 2560 X 1080 really makes a big difference.

All in all, a great monitor.(y)(y)

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1135695

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice