1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor has lines all over; not working properly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by yahoos, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. yahoos

yahoos Thread Starter

Hi,

I am writing this question for a friend who has a NEC computer. I am not there to see the exact problem.

This monitor is at his dad's house and he hasn't been there for several months. the last time he was there, the monitor worked fine, and nothing has changed.

He says there are lines all over and it's rolling too. He tried the video button and also demagnetized it. Nothing is working. (I'm sorry, i don't know what OS it has.) He thinks it doesn't have an os on it, so it may just have dos.

He tightened all the connections, and cards. Nothing electronic is nearby causing the problem.

Any idea why a monitor would go haywire, when nothing at all has changed?

Should he try to go into safe mode? And if so, how do we get into safe mode. I don't recall.

thanks for your help, yahoos.

2. classylassy

classylassy

A new graphics card fixed mine

3. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

He needs to get an OS installed on it and then look at it. You could also take the video card out and try it in another computer, or try the monitor with another computer. Could also be a cable.

4. Lurker1

Lurker1

It might just be the monitor. They don't last forever. To get into safe mode I push the F8 key when windows starts to load. It should give you a menu with safe mode being one of the choices. I would try the monitor on a different system or a different monitor on that one. BOL

P.S. DOS is an operating system.

5. yahoos

yahoos Thread Starter

Thank you very much Lurker, and all that replied. I found out he was win95 on it. I'll get him into safe mode, and see if we can fool around there somewhat, maybe, but you're probably all right, the monitor or card.

Thanks again, Yahoos.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222002

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice