Monitor has no signal

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jouti

Hey! So I just got back home from school and wanted to set up my computer again, everything seemed right... But when I wanted to boot it up, my monitor said "No signal."
It worked perfectly fine yesterday. I tried to connect the monitor to another system and it worked just fine. But on my own, it just won't work... Anyone, please help me!

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hi jouti, and welcome to TSG.

Either you can wait for a member with clairvoyant powers to help you or you can tell us the exact brands and model numbers of the computer and monitor and what kind of cable is being used to connect them.

If you are using a video controller card in the computer and the motherboard has a built-in video controller, are you making sure you are connecting to the video card and not the motherboard?

Does the computer seem to be going through a normal boot up procedure such as blinking the lights on the keyboard and any POST beeps?

jouti

My pc specs are the following

Graphic Card - Asus nvidea geforce gtx 1060 6gb

CPU - intel core i5 7500

motherboard - asus H110M-A

Ram - Something from Kingston, i think its 8gb DDR4

power supply - Corsair vs550

Monitor - AOC G2460F

Yes, it is just like it used to be when it is booting up.. The beeps and the led's in my keyboard are there.. Just no signal on the monitor.

I tried both DVI, VGA and HDMI

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
... The beeps and the led's in my keyboard are there.
I tried both DVI, VGA and HDMI
I could not find a listing of the Beep codes for the Asus H110M-A motherboard. Am I safe to assume the beep code you are getting is for POST passing with no problems?

Am I safe to assume that nothing is displayed on the monitor when you first turn on the computer and before Windows launches?

I looked at the specs for the motherboard and a couple of Asus GeForce GTX1060-6GB video cards and none of them have a VGA output. The DVI outputs are DVI-D. Not sure how you tested using a VGA cable.

If you are sure you are plugging into the card, it might be time to take the cover off the case and make sure the video card is still firmly seated in the motherboard and any video power cables are plugged in. Then make sure the video controller's fans spin up when you power up the computer.

The next step would be to temporarily remove the video card and see if you can get video out of the motherboard.

jouti

I have already tried to take the graphics card and used the onboard.. But nothing works

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I could not find a listing of the Beep codes for the Asus H110M-A motherboard. Am I safe to assume the beep code you are getting is for POST passing with no problems?

Am I safe to assume that nothing is displayed on the monitor when you first turn on the computer and before Windows launches?
Please answer my previous questions. The second one would be for both the controller card as well as connecting to the motherboard controller with the video controller card removed from the motherboard.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online