1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

monitor havin problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Baxter, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baxter

Baxter Thread Starter

ok i got this monitor as a gift hah ya right i found it in dumpster actually in my appartment complex and it seemed decent enough to take home. its a flat panel monitor looks sweet and everything. the only problem is that when i change resolution it doesnt resize anything well ya it changes but if i make the resolution higher everything gets really small not like normal but like it doesnt take up the whole screen anymore it shrinks. same thing if i make the resolution lower everything goes off the monitor. the only was to fix this is to adjust the monitor by goin into the setttings and changing the horizontal size and the vertical size and i dont want to do this everytime i start a game up. oh and btw when i set up my games the wasy i want em all the details and stuff and i exit and start the game again it has it set back to default. why!!! i like this monitor its way better than my old one and i want to try and fix this. plz help, anyone?

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi, If you post the make and exact model of the monitor, maybe someone can help you get drivers for it....that may be all the problem is....or, it may just suddenly go up in smoke, it could have been a bit wet in the dumpster...so, keep a close eye on it while using it. Have you tried resetting the Refresh rate to Default or about 75HZ? I'm kinda busy so may not be able to help further....check Device Manager, what monitor shows there? If your old one is listed, and say a PNPlay one, or Default....you may have to remove the old one and reboot...the Pnp settting may not work well with this new flat panel....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165492

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice