1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

monitor help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zobiej21, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zobiej21

zobiej21 Thread Starter

I cannot get my monitor to stay on. Everything is plugged in correctly, and when I go to turn on the monitor the green light comes on then turns orange and nothing comes on the screen. When I unplugged the monitor cord from the modem the screen will turn on but no picture. Please help.

2. Party Boy

Party Boy

When you turn on your PC do you see the BIOS screen come up and do you hear a single beep to denote the PC has posted? If not then the problem could well be your PC not your monitor....

3. zobiej21

zobiej21 Thread Starter

There was a single beep one time and the computer was working, but i had to restart my computer, and when i did the monitor wouldn't come on and the pc just ran

4. Lurker1

Lurker1

It still could be the monitor or the system. Any way you can try a different monitor on your system or take your monitor to a different system?

If your monitor doesn't work with a different system and a different monitor works fine on your system then its time to buy a new monitor. BOL

5. Jballou

Jballou

What kind of video card do you have.
    I have a system with a Geforce2 MX400 by Albatros that does the same thing. Sometimes when I turn it on nothing is displayed and there is no beep. I simply reboot and it works. This didn't happen with a different video card in the same system.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113736

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice