Monitor Image Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hunterm

If the background on the monitor screen is anything other than white, the images and text appear with a light green color around the edges. If the background is white, everything is normal. I've degaussed, moved speakers away and replaced the video card, also tried another working monitor but no change.
Any suggestions on what is causing this and anything I can do to rectify this annoying problem?

hunterm

Yep, updated drivers and changed VGA cable. I thought this would have been an easy problem to rectify but it has become very frustrating.

Did you update the monitor drivers?

it might be the BIOS is in need of flashing.

What is the computer etc... give us the details

also right click in an empty area on the desktop & go to properties & check the refresh rate... set it for default if it isn't already.If it is..set it on optimize.

I had the same problem on my old pc... I could never get it straightened out. Im sure I probably needed a new video card.
I had flashed the BIOS & everything.( HP brand )

Hi hunterm

Best thing to do is try the monitor on a different system and see if the problem stays with the monitor. Reread the post and saw that you already tried a different monitor. Boot into safe mode (which uses different drivers). If the problem is still there in safe mode I would strongly suspect the video card is bad.

hunterm

Tried all the above suggestions without success. Maybe I should have a cocktail (or two) to see things a little different :) I really hate being defeated by such a stupid thing.

Well you have replaced all the hardware. Does the display look ok in safe mode? Make sure that the monitor cord is straight (not coiled up) and not near any other power cords. That's all I can think of.

Oh I missed that too where you tried another monitor....

Gee, I don't know.... but I'll be trying to find out.

Question: Did you check your pins on the connnection for damages?

Ok .. another thing...as I stated before I also had this trouble w/ my old HP PC.. I updated all the drivers... monitor & display adapter.... plus I flashed the BIOS... the color was still ghosting in blue... but I was able to work around it for the most part.. I right clicked on the desktop & went to properties... (it was an ATI display adapter by the way.) there was a place in properties where they showed a display where you could manually change the colors while watching them on a picture... ( somewhat like the TV's peacock color tester.) there was also a string biased across a box... you can pull a curve in the string on red, blue, & green.... Thats how I worked around the blue finally. but was hard on my eyes just the same... text was fuzzy looking. But maybe if you have this option you can make it workable for a while.

A failing video card seems most likely, but you might try different sccreen resolutions or changing the refresh rate. Any new cards in the system, or new high powered devices on the same household circuit?

Could be a problem with one of the monitor's color amplifiers circuits or a bad cable

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online