1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor image tilt !

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by faiz, Sep 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. faiz

faiz Thread Starter

Greetings !

i have been using a Viewsonic E-641 14" for about 4 years now no problem , lately I have upgraded to a 17 " Lg and the user controls are very good.

I shifted the viewsonic to the office :

There is one intermittant problem with this monitor(Viewsonic) :- the entire image is slightly tilted upwards from the right side ( Image area where the clock shows) , this has happened before when I have shifted the monitor from place to place . but I didn't pay attention >now I have seen that the new LG monitor has an adjustment to undo such a tilt ( under shapes)
    I was wondering is there any way to do some adjustment in the Viewsonic as well.

About the new monitor(Lg) should I just let Win xp detect it or should I use the driver that came with the monitor

any help would be appreciated.

faiz

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If degaussing the monitor doesn't work, and there's no tilt adjustment, the yoke probably shifted on the neck of the tube during transport. If so, the only fix is to open it up, which I suggest you get someone that knows what they're doing in there for. :D

3. compilerxp

compilerxp

- very rarely are monitor "drivers" are needed... I've never loaded them up... not even with Windows95. And these have been from 14" ~ 19" tubes and 15" ~ 24" LCDs in Windows98 ~ WindowsXP.

- refer to the menu or manual for the TILT function of the monitor, most good monitors have this function, but not all of them.

4. faiz

faiz Thread Starter

Johnwill and Compilerxp ,Thanks for replying so soon !

You are so very right Johnwill , now that you mentioned I distinctly remembered once when I called the technician for some other repair work and mentioned about the tilt > he too manually gently jerked the yoke which is at the end of the tube and the problem got solved ( but this keeps happening and it would get expensive to keep calling him).

Compilerxp, No! i do not have any degaussing feature and nor the tilt operation .
    any other suggestions ??

Faiz

5. compilerxp

compilerxp

Live with it or give it away for a tax right off or give it to someone you don't like at work.

17" monitors are $100~130, look at Samsung... if you go to sams, they sell a Samsung for $100 (but its labeled some othre brand).

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Actually, if you check www.morestuff4less.com, you can pick up 17" monitors for well under $100, I have three 17" monitors here, and I paid $45 to $65 for them on rebate deals. :)

7. faiz

faiz Thread Starter

Thank you Johnwill and compiler xp , i will definately give that a shot.

faiz

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165665

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice