1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor in car is blinking on and off

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by emeasy, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emeasy

emeasy Thread Starter

i recently installed a brand new system in my car that consists of a Micro ATX Mobo - AMD Athlon2 - 8 gb DDR2 1066 - dc-dc power supply -windows 7 and a computer monitor. the computer runs perfectly but the monitor i am using will go black for a second or two at random intervals. the dc-dc power supply has a 20 pin and a 4 pin for the mobo, power sata for the hard drive and another flat 4 pin that i am not using. since the lcd i am using needs 12 volts i connected it to the 12v and ground from that flat 4 pin off the ps. this setup was fine when i set it up on a normal psu from my other computer.. is it possible that the dc-dc psu cant handle the load from the lcd? also i did set this up temporarily in my car to see if it would work and it did. although at that time it was not in its native resolution. the native resolution of my monitor is 640x480 at 60hz. windows 7 for some reason will only allow me 59hz no matter how i try to change it. does anyone have some idea as to what the blinking is caused by?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1000763

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice