1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

monitor in power save mode during bios setup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by heffiji, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. heffiji

heffiji Thread Starter

The system works fine during normal windows environment - the monitors works perfectly. Only while setting BIOS it enters into power safe mode after a few minutes. The power save mode also kicks in other situations: a) during a Macrium Reflect image restoration through a flash drive, and b) under dos environment through Ultimate boot CD. I have tried suggestions in this forum such as cleaning and re-inserting cards and cables, setting sleep only after 2 hours, etc. But none of this works. Many thanks. Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2 OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7 Processor Count: 4 RAM: 4078 Mb Monitor Count: 2 (Dell) Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series, 1024 Mb Hard Drives: C: Total - 61439 MB, Free - 38494 MB; D: Total - 61438 MB, Free - 41040 MB; E: Total - 204799 MB, Free - 134570 MB; F: Total - 665599 MB, Free - 251115 MB; G: Total - 614399 MB, Free - 278368 MB; H: Total - 300043 MB, Free - 53294 MB; Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0Y2MRG Antivirus: COMODO Antivirus, Disabled

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

Check the bios setup power settings.
    Make sure the are no timers and such that
    are set to put the monitor or computer in standby
    after a period of time.
    The low level programs that you run won't take over
    the bios power settings,but windows will.

3. heffiji

heffiji Thread Starter

There is no timer setup. Dell Bios setup is minimal.

I was moving the mouse and pounding the keyboard and the monitor shut down suddenly. When I tried to play with the monitor , a message is displayed saying the monitor receiving no input signal.

It worked 2 months ago, when I did an Macrium image restoration. This problem occured a day ago when I did another image restoration. I ran into other power save situations when I tried to troubleshoot it.

Thanks for your attention and quick reply.

4. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

"pounding the keyboard"
    May have damaged the keyboard causing some erratic key
    combinations to be sent.
    May have hit a combination that cause the initiation of power features.
    You might go to the dell website and download the manual.
    Check it to see if there are any keyboard key combinations that
    may activate power saving features.

5. heffiji

heffiji Thread Starter

Sorry, I exaggerated. I was moving the mouse when I saw the screen went blank. Then I tried key by key to re-activate. Thanks again

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1068277

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice