Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monitor in Power Save Mode

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Rich-M 
#1 ·
I have a strange problem with my monitor (Dell P991). This morning when I turned on my computer (custom made: Asus A7V600, AMD 2700+, 2X512 GB Ram, 80GB Seagate HD, ATI 9200 Radeon 128MB) it displayed "monitor in power save mode activate with your computer". I disconnected the video cable, and the monitor self diagnosed OK. The power LED on the motherboard is green. The optical mouse red light does not come on, and I cannot see if the keyboard is detected. Restarting everything did not change the situation. I tried with two other monitors (a Samsung and a DigiView), each with its own signal cable. The Samsung did not display anything, and its on light near the switch kept blinking, as if in a power save mode. The DigiView displayed: "please check the signal cable). I know that these monitors are OK. So, the problem is with the communication between my computer and the monitors. I removed and reseated the video card and the Ram, but nothing changed. What might be the problem, and how should I proceed?

Thanks.

#3 ·
Thanks. I have another video card (Gigabyte GV R7064T - graphics adapter - RADEON 7000 - 64 MB) from an older computer. I replaced the video cards, but the monitor did not come out of the power save mode. I suppose that this video card should work with the MB on the computer. I also checked the monitor with my laptop, and it works fine. Any suggestion on what to do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.