Monitor in Power Save Mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lnspired

I have bought a new computer with no OS installed.

When I connect the dell monitor to the pc via VGA, the LED quickly changes colour from green to orange and says it is in power save mode.

It can't be the graphics card (I don't think), because the monitor said the same thing with another computer, but for some reason when I plugged the VGA into my laptop, it shows up fine on the monitor.

I have the Windows 7 install disc I just cannot install it as I cannot see what I am doing.

Thanks in advance.

if you're getting similar results on varying computers, then I would start by checking the BIOS settings. seems to me that some computers are recognizing it and others are not. Compare it with working computers BIOS video settings.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online