monitor is black and reads "in power save mode"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mamabear1

Moved our desktop computer and during reconnection realized everything was working except the sound. Plugged in the speakers to what I thought was the correct connection (next to the monitor plug...it was the only space that was the right size) to find out it most likely was not :-( Monitor went black and now only says "in power save mode press any button on keyboard or move mouse" then goes black again. Keyboard
lights are not working and mouse is unresponsive.
I've unplugged everything and powered off the computer. Reboot sounds normal but can not see anything. Any suggestions?!

Welcome to TSG! Sorry nobody got back to you sooner. If your thread ever goes a few days without a response feel free to post the word "bump", which will move it to the top of the list and hopefully catch somebody's attention.

Sounds like you may have toasted something in the motherboard; I don't know exactly why this would be. Try one of the two options below:

1) Plug a known working monitor into the PC. If it works, then there is just some problem with the original monitor. Hopefully nothing else is wrong. If it does not work, then you have almost certainly damaged something inside the PC.
2) Plug the monitor into a known working PC. If it works, then you know there must be a problem with the board inside the original PC. If it doesn't, then your problem lies within your monitor.

Let me know the results and we will go from there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online