1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

monitor is darkening

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hellsbane, Nov 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hellsbane

hellsbane Thread Starter

Over the last year, my monitor has continuously darkened to the point that I now can not view pictures or some websites. I have tried re-intalling the driver and resetting the monitor to factory settings. That was a mistake; monitor went black. Got that fixed but monitor was still darer that it should be. I have a Gateway EV700 monitor.

2. mogig

mogig

Hi, Make sure and check the brightness on the monitor and make sure there is nothing with magnets close to the monitor. There is a master brightness control inside the monitor but messing with it can kill the monitor if you go to far with it. Very high voltage inside also, if you go inside be very, very careful.
    Mo

3. Daniel Davis

Daniel Davis

In addition to what the other guy said...about the high voltage...you should know (if you don't already) that some monitors can store enough voltage to kill you...even if unplugged.

Now to the monitor...I used to have a monitor that did that when the plug (where it hooks to the back of the pc) was loose.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59645

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice