Monitor is going black

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

moviebuff

My monitor started fading--not changing colors. It got so dark I could hardly read it. My husband replaced the video card. It's a PCI Radeon 9250 with 128MB. The monitor got better but got dark again. We hooked up our 1999 monitor and tried it. Both the old card and the new card was tried on both monitors and didn't get normal brightness. Currently, however, the original integrated motherboard card is working fine on this 1999 monitor. Can't figure out if there's a monitor or video card problem. In BIOS it looked as thought it recognized the PCI card. I didn't see anything that would let me turn off the older video card. I'm afraid to change monitors or do anything fearing I might get a black screen again. Thanks for your help.

If the monitor(s) work ok with the onboard video, then I have to vote for a problem with the Video Card or maybe the Slot it is in?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online