1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor is stuck at 144hz?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jvo, May 16, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. Jvo

Jvo Thread Starter

I'm using windows 10 and a BenQxl2411z monitor. I was trying to change my refresh to 120 from 144 so I could use blur reduction and make my screen brighter, but it won't seem to work. I have tried doing it through display adapter properties in windows, and also in the nvidia control panel. The confirm window shows up after I change it and then the nvidia control panel window flashes and it reverts back to 144 even if I click confirm. I'm not really sure why it doesn't want to change, I don't ever remember having this problem before and I'm wondering if it has anything to do with me having 2 monitors? It probably doesn't but just in case I'm using 2 monitors and the other one is an Asus VG245 set to 75hz.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210314

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice