1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor is turning off and the flashlight turns pink

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Flux333, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Flux333

Flux333 Thread Starter

Hi there, i have some issues with my monitor (awhhh).

It's working fine like 10-20-30 minutes and then it's turning off (for no reason) while the cumputer is running and the flash/button goes pink. I don't know what's this colour stands for. Blue is when the monitor is active, yellow is when the monitor is turn to sleep and when i shut down my computer, but PINK? What's that, anyone?

The monitor is turning OFF, not in a sleep mode or something.
    I must remove the cable and push back in every 20 minutes. That's wrong.

Maybe it's the cabel, maybe something with drivers and stuff...i don't know.

HELP!

please anyone....it's my moms monitor and she's gonna kill me, i blew it up.

Thanks.

Flux333

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    How old is the monitor?

3. Flux333

Flux333 Thread Starter

I think it's two years now. It's LG. What should i do about this problem? Any thoughts? My friends think that it's the cables that made this problem. I'm not sure about that.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Use the 3 year warranty.

You can borrow or swap cables with a friend and test that. It could be the cable, but its kinda unusual that turning it off then on fixes it for a bit and that the light changes color. Do you mean the power cable or the VGA cable?

5. Flux333

Flux333 Thread Starter

I remove the power cable. I don't touch the VGA cable. The monitor doesn't work at all, when i remove the power cable than putting it on, it's working. It's working for about 20 minutes and than the same thing again.....i don't know what it is.Unusual indeed.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Its not unusual at all, monitors fail in this manner all the time and require professional service. Components overheat, the power supplies fail, solder joints crack, it happens.

7. Flux333

Flux333 Thread Starter

But it's the monitor right/ it doesn't have anything to do with the PC? Must know what cause this....corious.

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Correct, its the monitor. Possible reason: Components overheat, the power supplies fail, solder joints crack, it happens.

9. jiml8

jiml8 Guest

Try a different monitor. Your video output could be going bad too.

Though, with a pink light...it does sound like the monitor.

10. Flux333

Flux333 Thread Starter

Well, thank you guys. Will find another monitor to test it.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/940388

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice