1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor Issues on Compaq Presario C700.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sir_wordless, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sir_wordless

sir_wordless Thread Starter

Hello I am having issues with my Compaq Presario C700 Laptop. During use (and no specific use either). It will randomly freeze up for about a minute, screen will go blank, when it comes back on (15 seconds later) the screens resolution is set to 640x480, with 16 bit color. Can't change the display settings. Checked the drivers and the monitor shows up with the proper installed drivers. Chipset drivers are still installed correctly, VGA drivers installed correctly. Nothing looks out of the ordinary.

CPU: Mobile DualCore Intel Pentium T2330, 1600mhz (12 x 133)
    MoBo Chipset: Intel Crestline-GML GL960
    Sys Memory: 1033 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
    Bios: Insyde (01/03/08)

Video Adapter: Mobile Intel (R) 965 Express Chipset Family (256 MB)
    3D Accelerator: Intel GMA x3100
    Monitor: Samsung LTN154x3-L01 [15.4" LCD]

Audio: Conexant Cx20561 @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Def Audio

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (Service Pack 3)

2. maceman

maceman

Hello,

Try to change your refresh rate to 60Hz. Most of the LCD monitors are designed to operate at 60 Hz.

3. sir_wordless

sir_wordless Thread Starter

The only setting is 60Hz. The only adjustable setting on the laptop is the resolution and the color, the Hz is stuck at 60. I'm not sure if this is a software malfunction inside windows, or if the hardware itself is failing and causing these glitches inside windows. But I have checked all the settings and they are all set to the recommended setting during use.
    P.S Sometimes I can use it for 3 hours before it happens, sometimes 3 minutes. But just suddenly it freezes, and it goes to the settings windows sets for displays/video cards that have no drivers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/912638

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice