Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monitor Issues on Compaq Presario C700.

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  sir_wordless 
#1 ·
Hello I am having issues with my Compaq Presario C700 Laptop. During use (and no specific use either). It will randomly freeze up for about a minute, screen will go blank, when it comes back on (15 seconds later) the screens resolution is set to 640x480, with 16 bit color. Can't change the display settings. Checked the drivers and the monitor shows up with the proper installed drivers. Chipset drivers are still installed correctly, VGA drivers installed correctly. Nothing looks out of the ordinary.

CPU: Mobile DualCore Intel Pentium T2330, 1600mhz (12 x 133)
MoBo Chipset: Intel Crestline-GML GL960
Sys Memory: 1033 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Bios: Insyde (01/03/08)

Video Adapter: Mobile Intel (R) 965 Express Chipset Family (256 MB)
3D Accelerator: Intel GMA x3100
Monitor: Samsung LTN154x3-L01 [15.4" LCD]

Audio: Conexant Cx20561 @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Def Audio

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (Service Pack 3)

See less See more
#3 ·
The only setting is 60Hz. The only adjustable setting on the laptop is the resolution and the color, the Hz is stuck at 60. I'm not sure if this is a software malfunction inside windows, or if the hardware itself is failing and causing these glitches inside windows. But I have checked all the settings and they are all set to the recommended setting during use.
P.S Sometimes I can use it for 3 hours before it happens, sometimes 3 minutes. But just suddenly it freezes, and it goes to the settings windows sets for displays/video cards that have no drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.