monitor issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

keefe24

guys..i am having a problem with my monitor.. for some reason, there is suddenly a black bar (about 1 inch) arond the edge of the desktop that won't go away.. i was playing a new game and think that it somehow changed the settings...is there a way to fix this..can i restore the monitor setting to default somehow...hopefully this makes sense..thanks.

Do you mean all the way around, if so then has your monitor got on screen menu buttons - if yes then you can increase the viewable screen by adjusting the vertical and horizontal screen settings.

keefe24

i changed the vert and horiz setting and it took away the black bar but everything still looks a little off.. i think the new game i was using change a setting somehow and i can't find it.

Triple6

Rob
Go to Control Panel -> Display -> Settings. Adjust the resolution and color depth to what you want - probably 1024 x 768 and 32 bit color.

Somewhere in the game, you should be able to change resolution and/or bit depth. Play around in Display Settings and your monitor settings until you get it back to the original form.

keefe24

i tried all of those suggestions already. Nothing has helped. Oh well, if you think of anything else, please let me know.

Do you have another monitor to try on this computer to see if it's the monitor causing the problems?

What video card are you using and what was the game that you think caused the problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts