1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

monitor just kinda dies

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kokain5, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kokain5

kokain5 Thread Starter

My friend is having problems with her monitor. She has an AcerView 54e monitor and it occasionally just dies from time to time and goes black on her. Although the power light is still on, she cannot see anything on the screen. She says that when the monitor does this the same sound of static crackling that occurs when a normal monitor is shut off can be heard. The way in shich this is being delt with now is that she just shuts the monitor off for a while then turns it back on and usually the picture comes back for a while. If anyone knows why this might be happening and/or how to fix it please let me kno. Thanks in advance

2. Party Boy

Party Boy

The only thing that I can think you can try is to go to Control Panel/ Power Options and set "Turn off Monitor" to Never - this might stop it

3. foufoutos

foufoutos

Look i don't know if that is the solution but i have a similar problem with my very old monitor ( Hantarex 14" !!! )
    When my monitor remains open for a lot of hours ,the CRT ( cathodic ray tube ) is getting very hot and the image begins to tremble and after a while everything goes to black and i cannot see anything . i close the monitor waiting for the CRT to cool for a while and then i turn it on . Well image is normal for a while and then it goes black an so on ...
    things are getting worse when the climate is very hot ( for istance at summers )
    To solve this problem , every time i feel the CRT getting to hot i place a table fan facing the CRT (the back of my screen ) and everything works really fine !! .

Sorry for my english

4. n2gun

n2gun

The first thing is to make sure it is well ventilated. By this I mean it is not closed in where the heat can't dissipate. Also check to make sure nothing is over any of the slots that let in and out. If it still does it, try it on another computer for a while and see if it still does it. It is a possibility the monitor is going bad also.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111813

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice