Monitor keeps blacking out

onestoptruckshop

Hi, I'm not too sure if it is a software or a hardware issue, but I'll presume it is seeing as how it isn't as random as a hardware issue.

Every while my monitor screen keeps blacking out for a few seconds, and sometimes in quick succession. I have tried uninstalling the drivers on my gpu (nvidia RTX 3070), that didn't seem to work, I tried the ctl, shift, wnd key, b thing, but it didn't work and I have tried, taking out the hdmi cable that connects my monitor to my pc and putting it back. Any suggestions on what I could try? is it pc damage? Faulty windows update? Missing cpu drivers or something?

(for further info, it started not too long ago, I first noticed it when I started playing ryse: son of rome (offline, by my self), it only happened in the game, then after awhile it started happening in other games, then outside of games aswell)

Try uninstalling your GPU drivers. And get the proper driver directly from the gpu manufacturer web site. So for instance if it is made by powercolor, then get it from there rather than from Nvidia.

onestoptruckshop

Try uninstalling your GPU drivers. And get the proper driver directly from the gpu manufacturer web site. So for instance if it is made by powercolor, then get it from there rather than from Nvidia.
Thanks for the suggestion, I just tried it, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work.

plodr

Liz
To rule out a possible hardware problem with the monitor, you should borrow a monitor from another computer or a friend and use it for awhile to see if the monitor still blacks out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online